EA888.4 MQB EVO TECH POST – Intakes
Lately, we at TVS, receive more and more questions about our tuning products and results for the new 2.0 TSI EA888.4 EVO platform like the VW Golf Mk 8R, Audi S3 8Y and Cupra Formentor. In this tech post we will speak about intake modifications and upgrades for the 2.0TSI EA888.4. We will give our followers and customer base another exclusive look behind the scenes at TVS to show what is involved at testing and evaluating upgraded hardware for the new MQB EVO platform.
At a first sight the intake system design of the new 2.0TSI EA888.4 seems almost similar to its predecessor. The most significant differences are the intake hose and turbo inlet design to match the new turbochargers. For this reason TVS decided to first start performing stock intake modifications which were effective on the previous platform and anyone can do easily. Thereafter we installed an aftermarket RacingLine R600 cold air intake package. Summarized the following intakes were tested:
- Stock intake
- Stock intake + RacingLine air filter*
- Stock intake + RacingLine air filter + RacingLine intake hose + RacingLine turbo inlet
- Stock modified intake** + RacingLine air filter + RacingLine intake hose + RacingLine turbo inlet
- RacingLine R600 cold air intake package
* Next to installing the RacingLine air filter the snow grate is removed as well
** The stock modified intake airbox consists of closing the rear air intake blanking plate and creating a second air intake opening by removing material on the right.